History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn and Stables About 30 Yards North-East of Court Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Stockton on Teme, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3032 / 52°18'11"N

Longitude: -2.4173 / 2°25'2"W

OS Eastings: 371641

OS Northings: 267311

OS Grid: SO716673

Mapcode National: GBR BZ.X1LR

Mapcode Global: VH924.1CXQ

Entry Name: Barn and Stables About 30 Yards North-East of Court Farmhouse

Listing Date: 27 February 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1349734

English Heritage Legacy ID: 149399

Location: Stockton on Teme, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Stockton on Teme

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Teme Valley North

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Stockton on Teme

Listing Text

STOCKTON ON TEME CP STOCKTON ON TEME
SO 76 NW

6/206 Barn and stables about
30 yards north-east of
Court Farmhouse

GV II


Barn and stables. Dated 1832 with later alterations and additions. Brick
with partly hipped slate and corrugated iron and asbestos roofs. L-plan.
Barn: seven bays aligned north/south; wagon bays second and fifth from
south gable end have opposed cart entries with basket-arched heads. Header
ventilation courses, diaper ventilation patterns and modillion eaves cornice.
The date "1832" is written in blue headers at the south gable end. Interior:
intermediate tie-beam trusses with raking struts; two tiers of trenched
purlins. Stable: projects from north end of west side elevation; two levels
with modillion eaves cornice. Header ventilation courses to upper level.
Three plus three bays. South elevation: door and ground floor window with
cambered heads to left; two loft openings. Diaper ventilation pattern in
apex of west gable end. A single-storey two-bay addition at the west gable
end is not included. A large mid-C20 covered yard has been built in the
angle between the-two ranges obscuring their main elevations. The barn
and stables are situated to the south of the churchyard of the Church of
St Andrew (qv) and form a group with Court Farmhouse (qv), the granary (qv)
and the hop kilns and malt house (qv).


Listing NGR: SO7164167311

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.