This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2146 / 52°12'52"N
Longitude: -2.7913 / 2°47'28"W
OS Eastings: 346033
OS Northings: 257671
OS Grid: SO460576
Mapcode National: GBR FH.2L7W
Mapcode Global: VH77D.KLQN
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 11 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1349845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149862
Location: Monkland and Stretford, County of Herefordshire, HR6
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Monkland and Stretford
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Monkland
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 45 NE MONKLAND CP MONKLAND
5/80 Church of All Saints
Parish church. C13, rebuilt by G E Street in 1866 incorporating C12, C13 and
C14 fragments. Coursed and random rubble with ashlar dressings under a tile
roof, the spire is shingled. West tower, nave with south porch and chancel
with north vestry. The tower is C13 of three stages with a corbelled cornice
and a timber broach spire. The second stage has lancets with labels, the
first stage a square-headed window in each wall. West wall of ground stage
has a trefoiled window with label. Nave rebuilt 1866. The south wall has
four windows, from west to east alternate C12 semi-circular headed windows
with tufa dressings and C14 window of two trefoiled lights with label. South
porch C14 much restored timber-framing. The outer entrance has an arch-braced
tie-beam. The sides are of five cinquefoiled lights. The reset south door of
the late C13 has a two-centred arch and moulded label, as well as moulded jambs.
The north wall of nave has two C12 windows to centre, to west a C14 trefoiled
lancet, to east of two pointed lights, both with label. Chancel rebuilt 1866.
South wall has a window of two trefoiled lights under a two-centred head.
East window of three trefoiled lights with a label which has head stops,
Interior: the tower arch is two-centred and of two chamfered orders, the outer
continued down the Jambs, the inner with moulded capitals. Chancel arch has a
two-centred head of two moulded orders, the inner order with moulded capitals
and engaged respond shafts. In south wall of chancel a two-seat sedillia and
a piscina. Font has plain round bowl tapering towards base, probably C13. A
few C14 floor tiles are re-set around the foot of the C19 pulpit, which is
decorated with four carved figures of saints. (RCHM, 3, p 150; BoE, p 254).
Listing NGR: SO4603357671
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings