This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3035 / 52°18'12"N
Longitude: -2.6953 / 2°41'43"W
OS Eastings: 352684
OS Northings: 267493
OS Grid: SO526674
Mapcode National: GBR BL.X539
Mapcode Global: VH84J.7CFG
Entry Name: Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 11 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1349854
English Heritage Legacy ID: 150024
Location: Brimfield, County of Herefordshire, SY8
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Brimfield
Built-Up Area: Brimfield
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Brimfield
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 56 NW BRIMFIELD CP BRIMFIELD
4/3 Church of St Michael
Parish church. C13, partly rebuilt 1834, restored 1884, 1904-5 and extended
1908. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings and slate roof. C13 west tower
(raised C16), nave and chancel of 1834, north porch and vestry of 1908.
West tower: three stages, the belfry is close-studded timber-framing, probably
C16, with louvred openings of two lights on each side. First stage has a
small semi-circular headed window on north and south walls. Ground stage has
a C19 window with a two-centred head which cuts through a small semi-circular
headed window. In north wall a blocked door with semi-elliptical head.
Nave of three bays, in north wall two windows each of two trefoiled lights
under a two-centred head with label. The porch at the west end of 1908 is
timber-framed on a stone plinth with rendered infill. Chancel of one bay
with a window of two trefoiled lights with a quatrefoil in head under two-
centred arch with label. East window of three trefoiled lights, tracery in
head under two-centred arch. Gable north vestry of 1908. Interior: two-
centred tower arch of one chamfered order with moulded label. Chancel arch
semi-elliptical and plastered. Ceilings are plastered segmental vaults.
Fittings: C19 pulpit with three panelled sides, the panels with pierced ogee
cinquefoiled heads. Lectern of wrought iron and brass in Arts and Crafts
style. Font, C13 with quatrefoil bowl on C19 quatrefoil stem and moulded
base. Wall tablet to John Rose Hall, died 1858, on north wall of chancel,
surmounted by an urn, and signed "T Gaffyn". On south wall tablet to
Edward Pritchett, died 1834. (RCHM, III, p 25; BoE, p 86).
Listing NGR: SO5268467493
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings