This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0286 / 52°1'43"N
Longitude: -2.0804 / 2°4'49"W
OS Eastings: 394579
OS Northings: 236693
OS Grid: SO945366
Mapcode National: GBR 2KL.W92
Mapcode Global: VH93N.W8JP
Entry Name: Rectory Farmhouse
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Last Amended: 2 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1349954
English Heritage Legacy ID: 148526
Location: Kemerton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Kemerton
Built-Up Area: Kemerton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Kemerton St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
KEMERTON CP -
SO 9436 - 9536
12/74 13/5 Rectory Farmhouse
30-7-59 (formerly listed as
Old Rectory House)
Shown on OS map as The Old Rectory and Rectory Farm Cottages.
Rectory and farmhouse, now divided into two dwellings. C16, rebuilt in 1678
by the Rev Nathaniel Lye, with further mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations and
additions. Roughcast limestone and brick, slate roof with gable-end parapets
and two tall brick stacks to rear of main roof, brick ridge stacks to east wing.
L-plan. Two storeys and attic with chamfered plinth and moulded eaves cornice.
Main south front elevation: five bays. Windows are all original 15-pane sashes
with thick glazing bars and raised surrounds; first floor windows have moulded
ashlar sills. At the eastern end there is a small rectangular light on both
floors. The central entrance has a shell hood on ornately carved brackets,
a rusticated surround, a door with raised and fielded panels and a transom
light with two glazing bars. At the west gable end there is an attic light.
The east wing is also of five bays. In the angle with the main front are a
ground and first floor blocked window, two first floor replacement cross-casements
and two blocked doorways, one with a transom light and two glazing bars; all
openings have raised surrounds. There is a single-bay wing at the south gable
end, lower in height, with a 15-pane C20 window on the first floor. At the
west end of the main range is a single-storey C19 wing with a 3-light casement
in its front elevation. Interior: main part noted as having retained a panelled
ground floor room. The east wing incorporates part of the original C16 building
said to have been a substantial hall house. (VCH, Vol 8, p 217 (Glos); BoE, p 202).
Listing NGR: SO9457936693
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings