This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1377 / 52°8'15"N
Longitude: -1.9178 / 1°55'4"W
OS Eastings: 405719
OS Northings: 248828
OS Grid: SP057488
Mapcode National: GBR 3KS.V8P
Mapcode Global: VHB0M.PJZL
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1350000
English Heritage Legacy ID: 148673
Location: Harvington, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Harvington
Built-Up Area: Harvington
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Harvington
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
HARVINGTON CP CHURCH STREET (east side)
SP 0448 - SP 0548
10/70 Church of St James
Parish church. C12, enlarged early C14 and restored 1855 by F Preedy.
West tower, chancel, nave and north porch. West tower: C12, of three
stages capped by copper clad broach spire of 1855. Belfry openings of
two semi-circular headed lights, the shaft between with capital, and label
above. Nave: C14 of three bays divided by buttresses, two windows of two
ogee trefoiled lights under 2-centred heads; C19 gabled central porch of
stone with 2-centred arch. Chancel: three bays divided by buttresses with
diagonal corner buttresses. Windows are lancets with ogee trefoil heads.
Priest's door in west bay. West window is C19 of three ogee trefoil lights
under a 2-centred head. Interior: nave: wide tower arch of two chamfered
orders to 2-centred head, traces of narrower C12 roof and wall lines on
tower wall. Chancel arch C14 of two chamfered orders with 2-centred head;
triangular headed piscina to south of it. Chancel has an ogee-trefoiled
piscina to south of altar. Roofs: nave of four bays, C19 arch-braced collar
trusses. Chancel roof, similar of three bays. Fittings: simple C12 font
of tub shape. Wall tablet on west wall of chancel to Thomas Feriman,
died 1619, framed by Doric columns. (BoE, p 191; VCH, 3, pp 389-90;
Gordon Barnes, Frederick Preedy, Evesham, 1989, p.37).
Listing NGR: SP0571648827
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings