This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0919 / 52°5'30"N
Longitude: -1.9471 / 1°56'49"W
OS Eastings: 403719
OS Northings: 243725
OS Grid: SP037437
Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.SML
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.6PH7
Entry Name: No. 9, MARKET PLACE
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1350085
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147468
Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Evesham
Built-Up Area: Evesham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 20/02/2017
SP 0343 NE,
MARKET PLACE (south-east corner),
(Formerly listed as: MARKET PLACE (East Side) No 8)
Late C15 with later alterations. Timber frame and painted cement; two storeys.
The right-hand portion with overhang at 1st floor, and an altered C17 iron casement
window, partly with leaded lights; gabled dormer to left. C19 rectangular shop
bay window on stone base with gable above. Interior has exposed rubble wall on
right-hand side which forms part of Abbot Reginald's Gateway (qv).
The Public Library, Nos. 6 and 6A, Nos. 7 and 9 (formerly No. 8) and Walker Hall form a group with
Abbot Reginald's Gateway and The Old Vicarage, Church of St Lawrence, Church of
All Saints, The Bell Tower, Abbot Reginald's Wall and the Porter's Lodge, Remains
of west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Archway to south of the Remains of
west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Market Place and Nos. 53 and 54 incorporating Remains of Abbey Gate, Gate and railings of No. 53, Remains of Abbey Stables, The Almonry and The Stocks, Merstow Green.
Listing NGR: SP0371943725
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings