This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0924 / 52°5'32"N
Longitude: -1.9475 / 1°56'51"W
OS Eastings: 403692
OS Northings: 243781
OS Grid: SP036437
Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.SJV
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.6N8V
Entry Name: Town Hall
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1350104
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147478
Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Evesham
Built-Up Area: Evesham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
(In the Centre)
SP 0343 NE 1/225 7.5.52.
The original structure of circa 1586. Much altered early C19, and remodelled 1884-7
by G H Hunt. Roughcast; 2 storeys. Gabled end to north has a stone 4-light mullioned
and canted oriel at 1st storey with moulded apron and underhang; stone quoins to
all angles; a bartizan at either side. Gable encloses carved roundel with shield
of arms above inscribed date 1887 and hood mould with poppy-head finial; 2 semi-circular
headed doorways to ground storey. West elevation, with projecting gabled bay to
right, has 3 gables overall, 8 sash windows, generally with semi-circular heads.
Slate roof surmounted by clock tower. The ground storey, now largely a blocked
arcade, originally contained market stalls and also the Town Stocks, since re-erected
outside The Almonry (See Merstow Green).
Listing NGR: SP0369243781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings