History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Derelict Outbuilding About 14 Yards North-West of Court Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Crowle, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2016 / 52°12'5"N

Longitude: -2.1172 / 2°7'2"W

OS Eastings: 392084

OS Northings: 255932

OS Grid: SO920559

Mapcode National: GBR 1G2.ZFV

Mapcode Global: VH92P.8X2N

Entry Name: Derelict Outbuilding About 14 Yards North-West of Court Farmhouse

Listing Date: 29 December 1952

Last Amended: 4 September 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1350141

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147678

Location: Crowle, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR7

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Crowle

Built-Up Area: Crowle (Wychavon)

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Crowle with Bredicot

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Upton Snodsbury

Listing Text

CROWLE CP BREDICOT LANE (north side)
SO 95 NW
6/2 (22/3) Derelict outbuilding about
14 yards north-west of Court
29.12.52 Farmhouse (formerly listed
as the Cider House)

GV II

Kitchen of former manor house on site, used as cider house, now in ruinous
condition. Probably C16. Part lias limestone rubble with sandstone dressings,
part coursed dressed sandstone. Square plan with external chimney at centre of
west elevation; walls survive to first floor level, south wall is of coursed
sandstone and north corners have sandstone quoins; entrances in south and east
elevations, the latter retaining its timber lintel. In the centre of the north
elevation is a 3-light chamfered stone-mullioned window; there are also the
remains of two mullioned windows flanking the west chimney. Interior: large
chamfered sandstone fireplace in west wall; also posts and arch-braced tie-beam
survive of former screen dividing plan centrally on west/east axis.
This interesting medieval structure is situated on a moated site which surrounded
the original manor house. The barn (qv) which belonged to the manor house lies
to the south of the moat.


Listing NGR: SO9208455932

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.