This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0214 / 51°1'17"N
Longitude: -1.2268 / 1°13'36"W
OS Eastings: 454327
OS Northings: 124956
OS Grid: SU543249
Mapcode National: GBR 97W.W37
Mapcode Global: FRA 869F.5VH
Entry Name: The Dower House
Listing Date: 19 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1350467
English Heritage Legacy ID: 145515
Location: Tichborne, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21
Civil Parish: Tichborne
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Tichborne St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 52 SW TICHBORNE LONGWOOD ESTATE
8/10 The Dower House
House. Circa 1880, probably by G Devey for Lord Northesk. Brick rendered, tile-
hung or half-timbered gables. Front 2 storeys and attic, 2 gables with 2 bay deep parallel range behind, and one bay wing to left and behind on right 2 span block with wing attached to its rear. Front at right has 2 storey canted bay with 5-light casement across it on each floor, with 2-light casement in gable each side of bay giant pilasters with 1st floor cornice running from each side of bay. In centre projecting full height porch with top-glazed timber porch on ground floor and jettied all round. 1st floor with coved bressemer, and on 1st floor rustic stucco quoins and a 3-light casement. To left are 2-light cross windows on each floor rusticated quoins on corner and full height canted bay on left gable end.
Listing NGR: SU5432724956
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings