History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Victory Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Wickham, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 50.8999 / 50°53'59"N

Longitude: -1.185 / 1°11'5"W

OS Eastings: 457409

OS Northings: 111469

OS Grid: SU574114

Mapcode National: GBR 99H.F77

Mapcode Global: FRA 86DQ.J5D

Entry Name: Victory Hall

Listing Date: 6 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1350620

English Heritage Legacy ID: 146263

Location: Wickham, Winchester, Hampshire, PO17

County: Hampshire

District: Winchester

Civil Parish: Wickham

Built-Up Area: Wickham

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Wickham

Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

SU 5711
(south side)
Victory Hall
6.3.67 II

Malthouse/brewery, village hall since 1921, with house at one extremity and an
office at the other (road front section). Mainly late C18, with extensions in
1887. Walls of brickwork in English bond with blue headers, cambered openings.
Tile roof. The main block alongside the River Meon (north-east elevation) is three
storeys with regular fenestration of 4.1 windows; this continues as a north
extension of two storeys two windows. Casements. The courtyard side (south west)
is less regular, with alterations, and extensions below a catslide roof. The
additions of 1887 form a wing at right angles, of two storeys and irregular
fenestration: the main feature of this part being a tall tower of four floors, with
vented openings at the top and a projecting boarded hoist at second floor level.
The tower has a stone plaque inscribed 'Wickham Brewery rebuilt AD 1887 being the
Jubilee Year of the Reign of H.M Queen Victoria'. The main entrance, of 1921, is
a timber-framed doorway with double doors, on the street front elevation. Minor
extensions at the rear.

Listing NGR: SU5740611464

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.