History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farmbuilding Approximately 10 Metres North of Park House

A Grade II Listed Building in Hambledon, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9401 / 50°56'24"N

Longitude: -1.0684 / 1°4'6"W

OS Eastings: 465551

OS Northings: 116039

OS Grid: SU655160

Mapcode National: GBR BBD.SW0

Mapcode Global: FRA 86NM.FKN

Entry Name: Farmbuilding Approximately 10 Metres North of Park House

Listing Date: 7 February 1952

Last Amended: 7 November 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1350635

English Heritage Legacy ID: 146439

Location: Hambledon, Winchester, Hampshire, PO7

County: Hampshire

District: Winchester

Civil Parish: Hambledon

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Hambledon St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth

Find accommodation in
Hambledon

Listing Text

In the entry for:

SU 61 NE HAMBLEDON
8/10 Granary 20 metres north
7.2.52 of Park House
GV II

The entry shall be amended to read:-

SU 61 NE HAMBLEDON
8/10 Farmbuilding approx 10
7.2.52 metres north of Park
House
GV II
Farmbuilding, now garage. Probably early C18 (brick dated 1714), altered. Red
and blue brick, mainly in Flemish garden wall bond with some timber framing with
brick nogging at upper level. 2 bays, 2 storeys. North elevation: wide central
entrance with header-brick arch; at low level on left a brick incised 'IF1714'.
Rafter feet visible at eaves. Half-hipped roof. Rear: a blocked doorway on
right and a boarded-across opening to lower section; upper section has timber
mid rail and studs forming narrow panels. Left return: bricked-up window below
opening with strap-hinged board shutters; end of iron tie-rod in gable, tie-beam
and queen posts exposed. Right return: a small bricked-up opening at low level
and one in gable. Interior: collared queen-post roof trusses, clasped through
purlins, old rafters, straight wind-braces; the floor is cobbled, and inserted
timbers support loft floor and formerly supported manger across left-hand wall;
the upper floor walls are plastered, from use as a granary, but since the loft
appears to be an insertion, this may not have been an original function of the
building. The initials on the dated brick probably refer to John Foster who
owned Park House in the early C18. The building may originally have had more
timber framing on the upper floor, this later being replaced by brickwork.

------------------------------------


SU 61 NE HAMBLEDON
8/10 Granary 20 metres north
7.2.52 of Park House
GV II
Granary. C17. Timber frame exposed in part of the upper walls, bricknogged,
other walls of brickwork, mainly Flemish Garden Wall bond. Half-hipped tile roof.
Tall rectangular block with minor openings.


Listing NGR: SP6277514126

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.