History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

6, East Street

A Grade II Listed Building in New Alresford, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0905 / 51°5'25"N

Longitude: -1.1609 / 1°9'39"W

OS Eastings: 458862

OS Northings: 132693

OS Grid: SU588326

Mapcode National: GBR 976.FBV

Mapcode Global: FRA 86G7.MJK

Entry Name: 6, East Street

Listing Date: 5 December 1955

Last Amended: 16 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1350788

English Heritage Legacy ID: 145097

Location: New Alresford, Winchester, Hampshire, SO24

County: Hampshire

District: Winchester

Civil Parish: New Alresford

Built-Up Area: New Alresford

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: New Alresford St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
New Alresford

Listing Text

SU 5832 NEW ALRESFORD EAST STREET
(South Side)

13/109 No 6(formerly listed as
5.12.55 No 6 (The Lindens))
GV II

House, formerly 2 houses. C18, early C19. Stucco with tile roof. Occupying a
long and curving frontage, the largest western unit is symmetrical, of 2
storeys and attic, 5 windows: then a lower block with symmetrical western
part of 2 storeys, 3 windows (the eastern part plain), and a single-storeyed
service wing, with a carriage entrance. The main block has a plinth, and a
moulded eaves cornice with modillions. The windows are sashes in exposed
frames. The doorcase has a dentilled Doric Order of (fluted) columns,
panelled reveals, a concave open pediment with soffit ornament, enclosing an
arched opening with radiating fanlight and a 7-panelled door (glazed single
top panel) above stone steps. The eastern section has Victorian sashes within
architraves (with frieze and cornice to the ground-floor) and a doorcase with
a segmental pediment, a frieze, carved brackets, plain fanlight, and 4-panelled
door. The service wing has 3 sashes of different sizes and a plain carriage
entrance. The rear of this group, seen from the churchyard, has a gabled pro-
jecting west wing of tile and brickwork (English bond), and east of this a
double hipped roof above stuccoed walling, containing sash windows.


Listing NGR: SU5885532691

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.