This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0313 / 51°1'52"N
Longitude: -1.1793 / 1°10'45"W
OS Eastings: 457646
OS Northings: 126086
OS Grid: SU576260
Mapcode National: GBR 97Y.8N5
Mapcode Global: FRA 86FD.6DD
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 19 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1350838
English Heritage Legacy ID: 145282
Location: Beauworth, Winchester, Hampshire, SO24
Civil Parish: Beauworth
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Beauworth St James
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 52 NE BEAUWORTH WESTFIELD DROVE
5/35 CHURCH OF ST JAMES
Parish Church. Built 1838 for H J Mulcock. Rendered flint and brick with stone
dressings, slated roof and slate hung bell turret. Single cell building, in early
English style, with central S porch and offset diagonal buttresses at corners.
Triple lancet E window with hood moulding and oval window in gable. Single
lancets with hood mouldings along sides. Gabled porch with 3 centred arch,
diagonal buttresses and brick coping with kneeler. W window similar to E. Brick
copings to gable ends with kneelers. Unusual bell turret of 3 stages with gablet
on each face of top stage. Inside all fittings contemporary except altar screen.
7 blank panels on walls with Gothic surrounds and similar triangular panel over
doorway. Exposed queen post roof with wavy cusps on either side in middle of each
member. Gallery at W supported by 1st of 2 tiers of cast iron columns supporting
Listing NGR: SU5754626025
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings