History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Martins

A Grade II Listed Building in Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8835 / 50°53'0"N

Longitude: -1.7892 / 1°47'21"W

OS Eastings: 414924

OS Northings: 109357

OS Grid: SU149093

Mapcode National: GBR 53K.JH2

Mapcode Global: FRA 764R.W6V

Entry Name: Church of St Martins

Listing Date: 12 March 1987

Last Amended: 31 January 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1350890

English Heritage Legacy ID: 143593

Location: Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley, New Forest, Hampshire, BH24

County: Hampshire

District: New Forest

Civil Parish: Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsle

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Hyde with Ellingham and Harbridge

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Ibsley

Listing Text

In the entry for ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY A338
Ibsley
SU lO NW

4/6 Church of St Nicholas

GV II

the address shall be amended to read A338
Ibsley

Church of St Martins

II

SU 10 NW ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY A338
Ibsley
4/6 Church of St Nicholas

GV II

Parish church. 1832 by John Peniston surveyor, on site of old church. Brick with
some blue headers, east wall partly reused dressed stone, plain tile roof. Plan
of single cell chancel and nave with north and south porches and small west tower.
To east end Y-tracery window in chamfered opening; corner buttresses. To each side
of 6 bays, pointed lancet in chamfered opening,except to west,buttresses between
bays and at each end except between west of centre bays which have gabled porch
with pointed, chamfered opening. West end has small cross-section tower in centre
with similar window, and offset belfry stage with west and east bell opening and
gabled roof. Inside brass of 1599 on floor by altar, tablet to Mary Ann Gray 1757
in brick paviour central aisle. On south wall monument 1627 to John Constable of
2 large kneeling figures between 2 columns to wide open pediment, both hold vine
with busts of their children. C18 Perpendicular style font. On north wall tablet
1757 to Cray. At east end prayer boards, above west door Royal arms board.
Gallery at west end of timber with later screen under to form vestry.


Listing NGR: SU1679209146

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.