This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2603 / 52°15'37"N
Longitude: 0.5582 / 0°33'29"E
OS Eastings: 574689
OS Northings: 265544
OS Grid: TL746655
Mapcode National: GBR PC8.9XX
Mapcode Global: VHJGL.MGG2
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 16 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1351311
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275780
Location: Higham, Forest Heath, Suffolk, IP28
District: Forest Heath
Civil Parish: Higham
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Higham Green St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 76 NW HIGHAM LOWER GREEN
6/39 The Vicarage
Vicarage. c.1870; possibly by G. Gilbert Scott. 2 storeys, irregular form.
Flint rubble with bands and dressings of red brick, and window and door
surrounds of limestone. Slated roofs with bands of fishscale slates.
External chimneys of flint rubble with quoins of red brick. Mullioned windows
of limestone of various Gothic forms, some with hoodmoulds and moulded heads;
deeply recessed casements of metal and wood. Gabled set-forward entrance bay
with the doorway hoodmoulded and pointed in the C13 manner; the boarded door
has foliate iron hinges. Above is an oriel window with corbelled cill of
brick and slated pyramid roof. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TL7468965544
Other nearby listed buildings