This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9913 / 51°59'28"N
Longitude: 0.9979 / 0°59'52"E
OS Eastings: 605927
OS Northings: 236787
OS Grid: TM059367
Mapcode National: GBR SM4.13Y
Mapcode Global: VHKFN.76XS
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 22 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1351596
English Heritage Legacy ID: 277201
Location: Holton St. Mary, Babergh, Suffolk, CO7
Civil Parish: Holton St. Mary
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Holton St Mary St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 03 NE HOLTON ST MARY B1070
(south west side)
Church of St Mary
Church. C13-C15, restored 1882. Flint with ashlar dressings. Plain tile roofs.
Apparently truncated west tower, aisleless 2-bay nave and chancel. West tower
2 stages on flushwork plinth, diagonal offset buttresses, later brick embattled
parapet and small amount of patching at summit. 2-light Perpendicular west window.
C19 south porch contains two pews with poppyhead bench ends. Moulded south door
under hoodmould with worn head stops surmounted by pointed niche. 2-light curvi-
linear windows to nave. C14 moulded north door with worn head stops. Chancel at
lower level. Restored Y-tracery windows, moulded priests door. Two offset
buttresses. Renewed east window with intersecting tracery, east wall possibly
rebuilt. Vestry to north. Interior: rendered walls. C19 barrel roof. C15 tower
arch on half-octagonal responds with moulded capitals. C15 octagonal panelled
font on earlier base. C13 piscina with cusped arch on nook shafts with moulded
Listing NGR: TM0592736787
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings