History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Coddenham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1451 / 52°8'42"N

Longitude: 1.116 / 1°6'57"E

OS Eastings: 613296

OS Northings: 254223

OS Grid: TM132542

Mapcode National: GBR TLP.DZ4

Mapcode Global: VHLBD.9B9X

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 9 December 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1352038

English Heritage Legacy ID: 279256

Location: Coddenham, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP6

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Coddenham

Built-Up Area: Coddenham

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Coddenham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Coddenham

Listing Text

CODDENHAM CHURCH ROAD
TM 1354
8/8 Manor Farmhouse
-
9-12-55
GV II

Farmhouse, mid C17 (possibly c.1655 for John Deyne, Doctor of Physic). The
hall and service cells of a 3-cell house with cross-passage entry; the parlour
cell demolished in C19. 2 storeys and attics. Timber-framed and plastered
with C19 cable-pattern pargetting in panels. Plaintiled roof with C19
casement dormers. An original chimney to left, formerly serving hall and
parlour, red brick with 4 octagonal flues with moulded bases; a similar 2-flue
chimney to rear of the service wing has a rebuilt shaft. 3-light casements
with transomes; some of C18 origin but remodelled early C20; leaded lights.
Mid C19 entrance porch, flat roofed, with 4-panelled door. Original features
include close-studding, ovolo-moulded main beams and ovolo-moulded arched
fireplace in the hall. Some moulded C17 or early C18 plasterwork in 1st
storey ceilings. The house was formerly known as Jourdaines, after William de
Jourdaine, c.1450.


Listing NGR: TM1329654223

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.