History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Henry Viii Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Barham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1117 / 52°6'41"N

Longitude: 1.1086 / 1°6'30"E

OS Eastings: 612950

OS Northings: 250484

OS Grid: TM129504

Mapcode National: GBR TM1.K38

Mapcode Global: VHLBL.56D1

Entry Name: Henry Viii Farmhouse

Listing Date: 24 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1352049

English Heritage Legacy ID: 279205

Location: Barham, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP6

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Barham

Built-Up Area: Claydon

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Claydon and Barham St Mary and St Peter

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Coddenham

Listing Text

BARHAM NORWICH ROAD
TM 15 SW
3/12 Henry VIII Farmhouse
-
- II
Farmhouse, early C16 with alterations of early C17 and early C19. 2 storeys.
2-cell cross-passage entrance plan. Timber-framed, encased in early C19 red
brick at the front and exposed with C20 brick-nogged infill at the rear; the
studwork is closely-spaced and arch-braced. The front wall of the house was
originally jettied with brackets at intervals; the lower walling was removed
in C19. Plaintiled roof. End chimneys of red brick at both gables, added in
early C17. Early C19 mullioned and transomed windows with central casements.
Early C19 doorway in original cross-passage position, with round-arched head
of gauged brick; C20 framed and battened door. Substantial studwork and
unmoulded joists exposed internally. Arched early C17 open fireplace in the
hall; beside it is a contemporary blocked ovolo-mullioned window. The twin
service rooms were united in C17 and a fireplace inserted (now blocked). The
roof was rebuilt in C18. Formerly known as Lower Farmhouse.


Listing NGR: TM1295050484

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.