This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.192 / 52°11'31"N
Longitude: 1.2149 / 1°12'53"E
OS Eastings: 619833
OS Northings: 259734
OS Grid: TM198597
Mapcode National: GBR VMK.FZH
Mapcode Global: VHLB8.05MG
Entry Name: Flinders Cottage
Listing Date: 22 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1352120
English Heritage Legacy ID: 279678
Location: Framsden, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Framsden
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Framsden St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
FRAMSDEN THE STREET
TM 15 NE
4/59 Flinders Cottage
House, late C15 or early C16 with alterations of c.1800. 1 storey and attics.
A 3-cell open hall house. Timber-framed and roughcast. Plaintiled roof with
gabled casement dormers of c.1800. An axial C18 chimney of red brick and a
C19 end chimney to right. C19.small-pane casements. C19 or early C20 gabled
entrance porch with mid C20 boarded door. The open hall has been greatly
altered, the open truss being removed. One blocked rear cross-entry doorway
has a 4-centred arched head and evidence for a spere. The blocked 6-light
front hall window has some square mullions. The parlour cell has massive
lodged floor joists and good close-studding with wind-bracing of convex arch
form. Roof structure not visible. In late C16 a chimney was placed near the
cross-entry, and an upper floor of chamfered joists inserted in the hall.
Circa 1800 the service cell was extended to left and the partition (which
contained two original service room doorways) was repositioned.
Listing NGR: TM1983359734
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings