History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Holy Trinity Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Stowupland, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2 / 52°12'0"N

Longitude: 1.0304 / 1°1'49"E

OS Eastings: 607186

OS Northings: 260085

OS Grid: TM071600

Mapcode National: GBR TKZ.3B3

Mapcode Global: VHKDH.TY2T

Entry Name: Holy Trinity Church

Listing Date: 15 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1352323

English Heritage Legacy ID: 280655

Location: Stowupland, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Stowupland

Built-Up Area: Stowupland

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Stowupland Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Old Newton

Listing Text

STOWUPLAND CHURCH ROAD
TM 06 SE

5/172 Holy Trinity Church
09/12/55

II

Parish church, 1843, by T.M. Nelson. In the Gothick style. Gault brick with
slender buttresses at bay intervals, rising to eaves level and with steeply
gabled heads. Slated roofs. Square tower with a corbel table at the head, and
a tall copper-clad spire. Nave, sactuary and west tower. The church is
aligned parallel to the road, with the tower at the south-west end. Nave 5
windows long; the sanctuary is very short with lean-to vestry. Lancet windows
with double-splayed brick reveals; diamond leaded lights. Main entrance in
south-west face of tower, with pointed hoodmoulded doorway and door with
narrow vertical panels; the vestry doorway is similar. Complete interior:
open kingpost roof. Panelled gallery on cast iron columns, bearing coat of
arms of George IV; organ brought from Culford Church. C14 limestone font,
plain and octagonal with traceried stem; removed from Creeting All Saints
Church (demolished 1800). Fine octagonal pulpit of c.1600 and probably of
Flemish origin, with carved figures on 5 faces.


Listing NGR: TM0718660085

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.