This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2338 / 52°14'1"N
Longitude: 0.831 / 0°49'51"E
OS Eastings: 593417
OS Northings: 263290
OS Grid: TL934632
Mapcode National: GBR RGH.T3F
Mapcode Global: VHKDD.C35W
Entry Name: The White Horse Public House
Listing Date: 9 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1352410
English Heritage Legacy ID: 281117
Location: Beyton, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP30
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Beyton
Built-Up Area: Beyton
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Beyton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 96 SW BEYTON THE GREEN, BURY ROAD
4/14 The White Horse Public
Public house, early C19 with core of 1694 or earlier. Painted brick, all but
the right hand bay encasing timber-framing. Pantiled roofs: one gabled
casement dormer. Various plastered chimneys: one axial chimney in the rear
wing has a sunk panel with the date 1694. 2 storeys and attics. 3 windows.
Early C19 windows with cambered heads: 3-light horizontally sliding casements
with small panes (some mid C20 casements and a splayed bay at ground storey).
Cl9 fielded panelled entrance door: a flat C20 canopy extends over the bay
window. To left and adjacent to Church Road is a timber-framed C17 crosswing
much remodelled in C19, with strongly jowled principal posts and other framing
members exposed. This may be of 1694, but the chimney of this date may be
intruded into an earlier C17 building. A flint-walled C19 extension to rear
was incorporated with the earlier wing in C20 to form an occasions room.
Listing NGR: TL9341763290
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings