This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4407 / 52°26'26"N
Longitude: 1.5349 / 1°32'5"E
OS Eastings: 640347
OS Northings: 288402
OS Grid: TM403884
Mapcode National: GBR XMJ.YPP
Mapcode Global: VHM6J.KX9B
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 1 September 1953
Last Amended: 27 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1352606
English Heritage Legacy ID: 282192
Location: Ringsfield, Waveney, Suffolk, NR34
Civil Parish: Ringsfield
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Ringsfield All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
RINGSFIELD CHURCH ROAD
TM 48 NW
5/41 The Old Rectory
( formerly listed as The
House, formerly the rectory. Mainly C18, the front range being added sometime
between 1755 and 1784; extended c.1800 and altered early C20. Red brick, with
a moulded string course across the facade at first floor level. Hipped slated
roof. 2 storeys. 5-bay facade, the centre 3 bays set forward and originally
pedimented; this pediment was removed early C20 when the house was re-roofed.
Inset sash windows with glazing bars under flat brick arches with raised keys.
Flanking single-storey lean-to additions of c.1800, with matching double-
arcaded screen walls terminating in a blank window panel. The main doorway is
set within the inner arch of the right hand screen wall: inset 8-panel door,
the upper 4 panels glazed; panelled reveals. Matching door in corresponding
position to left. Both the main ground floor rooms have good enriched plaster
cornices; the right hand room is panelled, with a panelled plaster ceiling.
Listing NGR: TM4034788402
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings