This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8578 / 50°51'28"N
Longitude: 0.069 / 0°4'8"E
OS Eastings: 545718
OS Northings: 108513
OS Grid: TQ457085
Mapcode National: GBR LRP.09L
Mapcode Global: FRA C61T.SV9
Entry Name: Trevor Gardens
Listing Date: 27 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1352946
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292757
Location: Beddingham, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Beddingham
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Beddingham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
[Nos 1 to 10 (consec)]
TQ 4508 32/479
Two similar but detached blocks of cottages at right angles to each other.
Dated 1867. Erected by Henry Brand, Speaker of the House of Commons, later
Viscount Hampden, of Glynde Place. Two storeys. One window per cottage.
Faced with flints with red brick dressings and quoins of red brick and grey
headers. Tiled roofs. Casement windows with brick dripstones over. The cottages
are arranged in pairs with 2 gables to each pair, a recessed portion between
containing 2 doorways with brick dripstones and a recessed portion at each
end containing one such doorway.
Listing NGR: TQ4571808513
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings