This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9173 / 50°55'2"N
Longitude: -0.0506 / 0°3'2"W
OS Eastings: 537126
OS Northings: 114898
OS Grid: TQ371148
Mapcode National: GBR KPF.D17
Mapcode Global: FRA B6SP.83B
Entry Name: Stantons Farmhouse
Listing Date: 17 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1352966
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292865
Location: East Chiltington, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: East Chiltington
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Plumpton with East Chiltington-cum-Novington
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
EAST CHILTINGTON CHAPEL LANE
TQ 31 SE 9/196 17.3.52.
Built in 1570 and occupied by the Challoner family until 1714. Timber-framed
building refronted with stucco and a portion at west end probably added in
red brick and grey headers, once painted. Hipped slate roof. Casement windows.
Two-storeyed projection in centre of front. South front faced with red brick,
tile-hanging and flints, and also has a projection in centre. Two storeys.
Five windows. Contemporary staircase.
Listing NGR: TQ3712614898
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings