History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn at Halland Park Farm to South West of the Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in East Hoathly with Halland, East Sussex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9228 / 50°55'22"N

Longitude: 0.1482 / 0°8'53"E

OS Eastings: 551079

OS Northings: 115904

OS Grid: TQ510159

Mapcode National: GBR LR0.294

Mapcode Global: FRA C66N.MKG

Entry Name: Barn at Halland Park Farm to South West of the Farmhouse

Listing Date: 30 August 1966

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1353376

English Heritage Legacy ID: 295460

Location: East Hoathly with Halland, Wealden, East Sussex, BN8

County: East Sussex

District: Wealden

Civil Parish: East Hoathly with Halland

Traditional County: Sussex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex

Church of England Parish: Laughton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in
East Hoathly

Listing Text

LAUGIIPON SEORTGATE
1.
5208
Barn at Halland Park
Farm to south-west of
the Farmhouse
TQ 51 NW 6/562A 30.8.66

II*


2.
To the south-west of the present farmhouse is a tall building, now a barn,
which was originally the coachhouse of Halland House. C17. Red brick. Two
storeys. Five window-bays, each flanked by brick buttresses rising the whole
height of the building. Brick stringcourse. Cemented coved eaves cornice.
Steeply-pitched hipped tiled roof. The windows were casement windows of 2
lights, those on the ground floor having 2 tiers of lights, with stone mullions
and transoms and set in stone surround, but they are now all blocked with
brick which appears as old as the brickwork of the facade but probably dates
from the construction of the farmhouse about 1770. In the centre of each
light is a small triangular ventilation opening edged with brick. In the
centre of the building is a tall carriage entrance without doors.


Listing NGR: TQ5107915904

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.