History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Stables of West Dean Park to the South East of the House

A Grade II Listed Building in West Dean, West Sussex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9063 / 50°54'22"N

Longitude: -0.7745 / 0°46'28"W

OS Eastings: 486262

OS Northings: 112583

OS Grid: SU862125

Mapcode National: GBR DG0.30L

Mapcode Global: FRA 968Q.22J

Entry Name: The Stables of West Dean Park to the South East of the House

Listing Date: 19 July 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1354649

English Heritage Legacy ID: 301420

Location: West Dean, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18

County: West Sussex

District: Chichester

Civil Parish: West Dean

Traditional County: Sussex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex

Church of England Parish: East Dean, Singleton and West Dean

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in
West Dean

Listing Text

In the entry for:-

WEST DEAN CHICHESTER ROAD
(south side)

33/216A The stables of West
Dean Park to the south
east of the house

II

the description should be amended to read:-

L-shaped early C19 building probably designed by James Wyatt for Lord Selsey in 1804.
Faced with flints, part of the north east wing faced with Roman cement but incorporating
some C17 brickwork. Slate roof. The west wing has a castellated parapet and a central
carriage archway through it. The north east wing has a similar archway but with a
flint-faced tower over bearing a clock face and a cupola above.

------------------------------------
WEST DEAN CHICHESTER ROAD
SU 8612-8712 (south side)

33/216A The stables of West Dean Park
19.7.85 to the south east of the
house

- II

L-shaped early C19 building probably designed by James Wyatt for Lord Selsey
in 1804. Faced with flints, part of the north east wing faced with Roman
cement. Slate roof. The west wing has a castellated parapet and a central
carriage archway through it. The north east wing has a similar archway but
with a flint-faced tower over bearing a clock face and a cupola above.


Listing NGR: SU8626212583

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.