This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9639 / 50°57'49"N
Longitude: -0.1476 / 0°8'51"W
OS Eastings: 530181
OS Northings: 119903
OS Grid: TQ301199
Mapcode National: GBR JMC.KHZ
Mapcode Global: FRA B6LK.DBR
Entry Name: The Woolpack Public House
Listing Date: 27 November 1975
Last Amended: 29 January 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1354756
English Heritage Legacy ID: 302104
Location: Burgess Hill, Mid Sussex, West Sussex, RH15
County: West Sussex
District: Mid Sussex
Civil Parish: Burgess Hill
Built-Up Area: Burgess Hill
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Burgess Hill St Edward
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 31 NW BURGESS HILL WESTEND ROAD
1/7 Westend Farm
The Woolpack Public House
Formerly a farmhouse, now public house. Original part of 1621, extended in C18 with later C18 parallel wing and large C20 extensions which are not of special interest. Front range cement rendered to front and red brick to side and rear range. Hipped tiled roof with off central brick stack, end chimneystack and further brick stack to rear wing. 2 storeys. 3 windows. C20 casements, gabled porch with C20 half-glazed door and further C20 double door to left. Right hand side has triangular buttresses, rear range has one C20 casement, cambered to ground floor, the remainder of this front now concealed by C20 extensions. Attached to front is low brick forecourt wall. Internally the right hand front room has a chamfered spine beam with lambs tongue stops and similar floor joists, an open fireplace with wooden bressumer with rush light marks and mark where the crane was attached. The front wall retains a shutter groove to an original window. On the other side of the open fireplace the frame appears C18 and the rear range has an C18 parlour fireplace. This building was formerly Westend Farmhouse and was conveyed in 1621 under the name Floods Hatch.
Listing NGR: TQ3018119903
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings