History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1792 / 52°10'45"N

Longitude: -1.8714 / 1°52'16"W

OS Eastings: 408892

OS Northings: 253444

OS Grid: SP088534

Mapcode National: GBR 3KG.7PQ

Mapcode Global: VHB0G.JH19

Entry Name: The Grange

Listing Date: 13 December 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1355336

English Heritage Legacy ID: 305072

Location: Bidford-on-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B50

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Bidford-on-Avon

Built-Up Area: Broom

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Bidford-on-Avon

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Wixford

Listing Text

SP05SE BIDFORD-ON-AVON MILL LANE
(North side)
Broom
5/60 No.12 (The Grange)

- II

House. Late C17/ early C18, alterations and additions c.1806. Coursed
limestone rubble with brick patching, addition on left roughcast. Tile roof
with wood dentil eaves cornice. 2-unit plan, extended to 3 units. 2 storeys,
3-window range. 6-panelled door with moulded wood architrave. C19 iron
casements, 2-storey bay on left with wood casements. External chimney breast
to left gable. Interior has some exposed timber framed partitions and straight
flight staircase. Open fireplace in room on left has 2 bressumers, one high up
the other, larger and more recent, below, and date 1806 recently revealed.
-panelled doors. Room on right extended late C20 into single storey link to
stable from pine panelling of large fielded panels, possibly early Georgian,
brought in from elsewhere. Late C19 additions to rear. Roughcast removed from
front late C20. Stable, now attached on right by single storey stone wing,
originally separate. C17. Timber framing with whitewashed brick infill and tile
roof. 2 bays, 2 stable doors to rear. Good framing, complete and exposed on 3
sides. 4th side also complete and visible inside house.


Listing NGR: SP0889253444

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.