This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2158 / 52°12'56"N
Longitude: -1.8678 / 1°52'4"W
OS Eastings: 409127
OS Northings: 257512
OS Grid: SP091575
Mapcode National: GBR 3K2.2KV
Mapcode Global: VHB08.KKXR
Entry Name: Baptist Church
Listing Date: 11 December 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1355359
English Heritage Legacy ID: 305187
Location: Alcester, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B49
Civil Parish: Alcester
Built-Up Area: Alcester
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Alcester St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
ALCESTER CHURCH STREET
SP0857 (East side)
4/29 Baptist Church
Baptist chapel. Dated 1859 in pediment. Red brick, front of stucco, with moulded
string course, cornice and parapet. Single cell plan. 2 storeys, 3-window range,
Projecting centre with pediment. Entrance with 6-panelled double-leaf door.
Flanking and angle Tuscan pilasters, with blind round-headed windows between.
Entablature with pediment above doors. First floor has tripartite windows.
Narrower bays left and right, with 4-paned sashes on each floor. Return sides of
plain brick with 4 tall round-arched windows with glazing bars. East wall has
simplified Venetian type tripartite window and gable. Interior: West gallery on
2 cast iron columns and 2 scroll brackets, with panelled and balustraded front;
now boarded in. Ceiling with moulded plaster cornice and central rose of
anthemion design. Original pews and lectern. Low single storey link to Old
Baptist Meeting House (q.v.), listed under Meeting Lane.
Listing NGR: SP0912757512
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings