This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.6116 / 53°36'41"N
Longitude: -2.113 / 2°6'46"W
OS Eastings: 392618
OS Northings: 412785
OS Grid: SD926127
Mapcode National: GBR FVPP.B2
Mapcode Global: WHB8Y.JH04
Entry Name: 2, 4 and 6, Bridge Street
Listing Date: 24 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1356224
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213415
Location: Rochdale, OL16
Electoral Ward/Division: Smallbridge and Firgrove
Built-Up Area: Milnrow
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Milnrow St James
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SD 91 SW MILNROW BRIDGE STREET
3/77 Nos. 2, 4 and 6
Milnrow Chapel now cottages. Early C18 with later
alterations. Hammer-dressed watershot stone with graduated
stone slate roof. 3 bays and 2 storeys but formerly a
galleried chapel. Quoins. 3 windows on each floor have 3 to
6-lights with flat-faced stone mullions (some mullions
removed and other lights blocked). Door with moulded
segmental-headed surround has a pediment with central shield
on Ionic columns. A second door has a square-cut surround.
The whole of the front appears to have been rebuilt, the
doorcase formerly having been at first floor level
approached by a flight of steps. The left return retains
some original 3-light chamfered mullion windows, 2 of which
have arched lights with recessed spandrels. 2-light mullion
windows to rear which has been partly rebuilt and rendered.
None of the interior survived the conversion to cottages.
Illustration (prior to conversion) in H. Fishwick, History
of Rochdale, 1889.
Listing NGR: SD9261812785
Other nearby listed buildings