This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5136 / 53°30'49"N
Longitude: -2.4675 / 2°28'3"W
OS Eastings: 369093
OS Northings: 401986
OS Grid: SD690019
Mapcode National: GBR CW6T.L5
Mapcode Global: WH981.2Y87
Entry Name: Tyldesley Chapel
Listing Date: 18 July 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1356244
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213517
Location: Wigan, M29
Electoral Ward/Division: Tyldesley
Built-Up Area: Tyldesley
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Tyldesley St George
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
TYLDESLEY ELLIOTT STREET
SD 60 SE
2/48 Tyldesley Chapel
Chapel. 1789 for the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion, now
a Pentecostal church. Flemish bond brick. 3-sided gallery
plan of 3 x 1 bays with a C20 addition to the (ritual) east.
The gabled front has 2 panelled doors with moulded surrounds
and flat hoods. Between them on each floor is an elementary
Venetian window with leaded glass. The date is recorded in a
roundel panel in the gable which is topped by a C19
bellcote. Bays 1 and 3 of the side elevations are slightly
set back. Each bay has a window which was adapted from the
Venetian type to a round-headed window in the C19. Coped
parapet and gable. Blind Y-tracery window and gable pediment
in brick relief to rear. Interior: the gallery is supported
on timber columns. C19 organ chamber. Panelling of C20 and
pews from elsewhere. The ceiling is plain.
Listing NGR: SD6909301986
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings