History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of Holy Trinity

A Grade II* Listed Building in Roehampton and Putney Heath, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4492 / 51°26'57"N

Longitude: -0.2372 / 0°14'13"W

OS Eastings: 522595

OS Northings: 173720

OS Grid: TQ225737

Mapcode National: GBR 9Q.JVL

Mapcode Global: VHGR3.TTZX

Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 14 July 1955

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1357671

English Heritage Legacy ID: 207101

Location: Wandsworth, London, SW15

County: London

District: Wandsworth

Electoral Ward/Division: Roehampton and Putney Heath

Built-Up Area: Wandsworth

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Roehampton Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Wimbledon

Listing Text

TQ 22 73 PONSONBY ROAD SW15
Church of Holy Trinity
(Roehampton)
14.7.55
II*

1896 to 1898 G H Fellowes Prynne. Corsham stone rubble with fine dressings. Gothic style. Prominent. North-west tower with crocket-pinnacled angle-turrets buttressing stone needle spire with 3 tiers of lucarnes. Entrance porch integralwith the tower. 5-bay. Nave of clustered piers supporting walls of banded stone and red and yellow brick. Two splayed clerestory windows to each bay. Wooden waggon roof. Wooden lean-to aisle roofs. Three-light pierced stone screen to chancel. Traceried east window of 5 lights. Twin traceried 2-light west windows with rose above, all by Kempe. Apsidal north-east Lady Chapel with lancet windows by Kempe. Panels of high altar painted by E A Fellowes Prynne. Elaborate reredos framed by crocketed stone gable. Brass altar rails to chancel and Lady Chapel. Fine brass lectern. Marble pulpit with rich cosmati work. Marble front with tall Gothic-style wooden front cover in south-west baptistery.


Listing NGR: TQ2259573720

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.