This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5575 / 51°33'27"N
Longitude: 0.0508 / 0°3'2"E
OS Eastings: 542267
OS Northings: 186285
OS Grid: TQ422862
Mapcode National: GBR MK.KH5
Mapcode Global: VHHNB.T3QV
Entry Name: South Chapel at City of London Cemetery
Listing Date: 25 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1357999
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204913
Location: Newham, London, E12
Local Authority Ward: Manor Park
Built-Up Area: Newham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Manor Park (Little Ilford) St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 48NW ALDERSBROOK ROAD
2/7 MANOR PARK E12
- South Chapel at City
of London Cemetery
1903-4. D T Ross engineer (see tablets on building). South chapel, formerly
Crematorium. Rubblestone with ashlar dressings. Tiled roof with fishscale decoration.
Gabled Gothic chapel with steeply pitched roof to parapet. Tower set back to right
with triple louvred upper stage and pyramidal roof with elaborate octagonal ornamen-
ted iron flue protruding from apex. Central entrance to chapel with pointed moulded
arch and original traceried timber door, flanked by double blind arcades. Ogee
headed windows to either side of chapel. Gabled corner buttresses. Later Chapel
of Remembrance extension to rear, of no interest. The second crematorium in London.
Originally coke-fired. Interior not seen.
Listing NGR: TQ4226786285
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings