This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4092 / 51°24'33"N
Longitude: -0.208 / 0°12'28"W
OS Eastings: 524728
OS Northings: 169321
OS Grid: TQ247693
Mapcode National: GBR CG.S8W
Mapcode Global: VHGRB.BVW2
Entry Name: The Manor House (Now Forming Part of the John Innes II School)
Listing Date: 2 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358029
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205187
Location: Merton, London, SW20
Electoral Ward/Division: Merton Park
Built-Up Area: Merton
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Merton St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON WATERY LANE
10/165 The Manor House
(now forming, part of the John Innes
- II School)
Substantial detached house. Circa 1895-8. Designed by H G Quartermain. Stock
brick, red brick patterning, stone dressings. Tiled pitched roof to eaves.
5 bay main block of 2 storeys plus corners; large gable to right. Entrance
block to left, projecting slightly, gabled 2 storeys, 1 bay. Tudor arched
entrance; oriel over. Square headed windows, 1 to 3 lights, mullioned and
transomed casements. Second bay from left in main block has canted bay window.
Plate glass, some leaded lights. Parapet (openwork). 3 gabled bargeboarded
dormers, casements, glazing bars. Tall chimneys. Returns similar. GLC plaque
commemorating residence of John Innes, founder of the John Innes Cultural
Institution, 1829-1904. Listed mainly for historic interest.
Listing NGR: TQ2472869321
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings