This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4249 / 51°25'29"N
Longitude: -0.2091 / 0°12'32"W
OS Eastings: 524610
OS Northings: 171069
OS Grid: TQ246710
Mapcode National: GBR BL.ZYJ
Mapcode Global: VHGRB.BF9Z
Entry Name: Garden Pavilion in Grounds of Queen Alexandra's Court
Listing Date: 27 April 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358041
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205144
Location: Merton, London, SW19
Electoral Ward/Division: Hillside
Built-Up Area: Merton
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Wimbledon
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ST MARY'S ROAD, SW19
6/123 Garden Pavilion in
grounds of Queen
27.4.1970 Alexandra's Court
Garden pavilion. Circa 1904-5. Designed by Ernest George and Yeates. Red
brick and Portland stone; painted timber; steeply pitched hipped green slate
roof to eaves. 1 storey. East facade of 5 bays with central clock tower having
tented copper covered roof and weather vane, and arched aperture to ground floor.
Flanking bays with moulded timber panelling behind Doric columns; windows inset.
North, south and west facades also of interest with sashed windows.
Listing NGR: TQ2461071069
Other nearby listed buildings