History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Numbers 1-18 with Linking Arch Between Numbers 10 and 11

A Grade II Listed Building in Bishop's, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 51.5058 / 51°30'20"N

Longitude: -0.109 / 0°6'32"W

OS Eastings: 531339

OS Northings: 180239

OS Grid: TQ313802

Mapcode National: GBR MG.PC

Mapcode Global: VHGR0.2D7Z

Entry Name: Numbers 1-18 with Linking Arch Between Numbers 10 and 11

Listing Date: 27 March 1981

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1358191

English Heritage Legacy ID: 203994

Location: Lambeth, London, SE1

County: London

District: Lambeth

Electoral Ward/Division: Bishop's

Built-Up Area: Lambeth

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Waterloo St John with St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

1. (south side)

Nos 1 to 18 (consec)
with linking arch
between Nos 10 and 11
TQ 3180 1/29


1911. Two linked rows of 2-storey houses treated mostly as pairs. Each house
2 windows wide. Red brick with first floor band, terra-cotta modillion cornice.
Brick quoins between pairs. Tiled roofs with dividing walls, ridge stacks
between pairs. The first, third and fifth pairs are pedimented and the central
pediment has terra-cotta panel with Prince of Wales's feathers and motto. These
3 pairs also have stone keys to ground floor windows; and the central pair
has ground floor rusticated. Sash windows with glazing bars in flush moulded
wood architraves under flat ganged brick arches. Between Nos 10 and 11 a wall
with tall, rusticated entrance arch. Beyond this the central pediment (over
Nos 14 and 15) is dated 1911. Built by Duchy of Cornwall estate.

Listing NGR: TQ3133980239

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.