This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5827 / 51°34'57"N
Longitude: -0.423 / 0°25'22"W
OS Eastings: 509362
OS Northings: 188267
OS Grid: TQ093882
Mapcode National: GBR 3K.S29
Mapcode Global: VHFSZ.MH72
Entry Name: 97 and 99, Park Avenue
Listing Date: 28 November 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358432
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203065
Location: Hillingdon, London, HA4
Electoral Ward/Division: Eastcote and East Ruislip
Built-Up Area: Hillingdon
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Martin Ruislip
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 08 NE PARK AVENUE
41/500 Nos 97 and 99
Pair of semi-detached houses. 1935 by Connell, Ward and Lucas; minor
alterations. Painted concrete. 3 storeys. Symmetrical elevation of 4
asymmetrical bays, the 2 central bays wider and breaking forward on ground and 1st
floors; garages project forward from outer bays; open porches in angles with
garages. In Modern Movement Style. Metal-framed casements windows and glazed
doors. Each house has late C20 entrance door and continuous window to ground and
1st floor with door at inner side, on 1st floor giving access to solid-fronted
iron-railed balcony. On 2nd floor each has open sun deck. Outer-stair bays:
designed to be fully glazed, but built with central infilled panel. Left-hand
garage now part of house. Flat roof with central chimney. Rear: upper floors of
central section recessed. 3-light kitchen windows with late C20 double doors to
inner sides; on 1st floor, 3-light windows to outer bays, continuous windows to
central bays. Interior: No 97 not inspected. No 99 has original living-room
fireplace with bow-fronted flue and flanking curve-cornered cupboards; between
kitchen and dining room, pivoting door with semicircular shelves and hatch and
drawers which open on to both rooms: dog-leg stair with solid-walled balustrade;
glazed door to stairs up to sun deck.
The Architect Journal, September 27, 1934, pp 455-457; ibid, May 23, 1935, p 813.
Listing NGR: TQ0936288267
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings