History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cedar Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Coombe Hill, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4187 / 51°25'7"N

Longitude: -0.2605 / 0°15'37"W

OS Eastings: 521054

OS Northings: 170286

OS Grid: TQ210702

Mapcode National: GBR 8Y.C11

Mapcode Global: VHGR9.FLNT

Entry Name: Cedar Court

Listing Date: 30 March 1951

Last Amended: 6 October 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1358438

English Heritage Legacy ID: 203100

Location: Kingston upon Thames, London, KT2

County: London

District: Kingston upon Thames

Electoral Ward/Division: Coombe Hill

Built-Up Area: Kingston upon Thames

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: New Malden and Coombe Christ Church and St John

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Kingston upon Thames

Listing Text

TQ 27 SW KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES COOMBE HILL ROAD
(north side)
2/16
Cedar Court
30.5.51 (formerly listed as
Coombe Wood House)

II

Built on its present site in 1911-12, but incorporates timbers from a late medieval
timber-framed building in Colchester (probably the Perseverance Inn, demolished in
1910). Large detached house. 2 storeys. Advanced gable to left. 5 bays long
range to right, with two storey advanced bay containing oriel and Tudor arched
wooden doorway. Close timber studding with red brick nogging (some old brick
used). Tiled roof. The interior contains some linenfold panelling of late C15 date
and some later C16 panelling; also some specimens of heraldic glass dating from the
15th to the 17th centuries, collected by the original owner, an antiquarian. The
house was considerably extended in 1915 in the Tudor style. The traditional
connection of the house with Catherine Parr, 6th wife of Henry VIII is probably
legendary.


Listing NGR: TQ2105470286

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.