This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5484 / 51°32'54"N
Longitude: -0.4804 / 0°28'49"W
OS Eastings: 505465
OS Northings: 184367
OS Grid: TQ054843
Mapcode National: GBR 14.3L9
Mapcode Global: VHFT4.MBDW
Entry Name: Watts Hall (Old Meeting Congregational Church)
Listing Date: 15 May 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358444
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203042
Location: Hillingdon, London, UB8
Electoral Ward/Division: Uxbridge North
Built-Up Area: Hillingdon
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Uxbridge St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: London
5018 HIGH STREET
TQ 0584 SW 18/480 (Old Meeting
Original chapel of 1716, the only substantial chapel built in Middlesex in the first half
of the C18. Formally constituted as a Congregational polity in 1833. Schoolroom added in
1828. Major alterations begun in 1883 by John Sulman, architect, of Holborn. Chapel
was lengthened, heightened and an entrance tower added at the High Street end.
Building of brick mostly rendered except to the South-west and tower, with slated roofs.
Now four bays in length.
North-west wall shows two original windows with a matching one inserted between in place
of the original door. The north-east wall shows original brickwork up to the former
eaves level; and the tops of two original windows remain as lunettes above the wall of
the added vestry extension.
Old windows and the three tall ones in the south-west wall are all round-arched, except
in the square tower with pyramidal roof.
Listing NGR: TQ0546584367
Other nearby listed buildings