History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Palace Riverside, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4703 / 51°28'12"N

Longitude: -0.2158 / 0°12'56"W

OS Eastings: 524021

OS Northings: 176096

OS Grid: TQ240760

Mapcode National: GBR BJ.487

Mapcode Global: VHGR4.69RR

Entry Name: Chapel

Listing Date: 7 May 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1358570

English Heritage Legacy ID: 201786

Location: Hammersmith and Fulham, London, SW6

County: London

District: Hammersmith and Fulham

Electoral Ward/Division: Palace Riverside

Built-Up Area: Hammersmith and Fulham

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: All Saints Fulham

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Fulham

Listing Text

In the entry for: FULHAM PALACE SW6

TQ 2476 Chapel (formerly listed
under Bishops Avenue)
10/33

The description shall be amended to read;

Chapel. 1866, by William Butterfield. English bond red brick with diaper work
of blue headers; gabled old tile roof. Aisleless plan. Diagonal corner buttresses
and offset buttresses. 3-light Decorated-style east window and 2-light Decorated-
style windows to north and south; west end has round quatrefoil Window above
4-light trefoil-headed window. Interior: encaustic tile floor; 1950s plaster
ceiling with Perpendicular-style cornice. Original Adoration of Magi reredos
reset at west end; original mosaics by Salviati covered over by mural paintings
of 1950s by Graham Rust. Gothic-style benches; west window by Clayton and Bell.

------------------------------------

TQ 2476 FULHAM PALACE SW6

10/33

12.5.70 Chapel (Formerly listed
under Bishops Avenue)

GV II

1866, William Butterfield. Red brick, with black diaper and stone dressing,
buttresses and traceried windows. Aisleless. Interior with arcaded panell-
ing and screen.


Listing NGR: TQ2402176096

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.