History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Harrow Weald, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6126 / 51°36'45"N

Longitude: -0.3358 / 0°20'8"W

OS Eastings: 515330

OS Northings: 191725

OS Grid: TQ153917

Mapcode National: GBR 61.4A9

Mapcode Global: VHGQ9.4QCP

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 24 February 1982

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1358649

English Heritage Legacy ID: 202183

Location: Harrow, London, HA3

County: London

District: Harrow

Electoral Ward/Division: Harrow Weald

Built-Up Area: Harrow

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: All Saints Harrow Weald

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Hatch End

Listing Text


The sixth line of part 2 should be amended to read:

"Good interior features including painted roof and glass in chancel by Kempe 1900,
north aisle by Heaton Butler and Bayne under the direction of Butterfield 1885, south
aisle by E Burne Jones 1881, (single window depicting Faith, Hope and Charity)".

UXBRIDGE ROAD
Harrow Weald
Church of All Saints
5016
TQ 19 SE2/16

24.2.82

II*

Church. Chancel of 1842 by J T Harrison, nave and aisles of 1849-52 by William
Butterfield with further alterations and additions by Butterfield of 1889-92,
including south tower, west doorway and internal decorations. Geometrical decorated
style. Stone and stucco faced with steeply pitched roof to eaves. Clerestoried 3-bay
nave, lower chancel aisles, that to north wider with transverse roof to each bay.
Octagonal piers. Lancets to chancel. 2,3 and 4-light windows to aisles and
clerestory, south aisle windows square headed. Mosaic decorations above chancel arch
and painted panelled nave roof by Butterfield; also font and pulpit, etc. Stained
glass by C E Kempe (chancel); Heaton Butler and Bayne under direction of Butterfield
(north aisle); E Burne Jones, 1881 - a single 4-light window in the south aisle; also
glass of circa 1850 to east end, etc.

Listing NGR: TQ1533091725

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.