History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

National Westminster Bank

A Grade II Listed Building in Palmers Green, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6184 / 51°37'6"N

Longitude: -0.1077 / 0°6'27"W

OS Eastings: 531101

OS Northings: 192761

OS Grid: TQ311927

Mapcode National: GBR GD.MHX

Mapcode Global: VHGQF.2LX5

Entry Name: National Westminster Bank

Listing Date: 4 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1358720

English Heritage Legacy ID: 200820

Location: Enfield, London, N13

County: London

District: Enfield

Electoral Ward/Division: Palmers Green

Built-Up Area: Enfield

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St John the Evangelist Palmers Green

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Southgate

Listing Text

The following building shall be added:

GREEN LANES
(east side) )
TQ 39 SW 23/100 No. 288 (National Westminster
Bank) )
II

Bank. Designed 1913 by Arthur Sykes. Purple brick with hand-made red brick
dressings and rusticated quoins; hipped plain tile roof; brick end stacks, with
oversailing courses and moulded bases to grouped flues. L-plan with rear right
wing Neo-Georgian style. 3 storeys; symmetrical 5-window range. Rusticated red
brick surrounds to 3 semi-circular arched openings with keystones,fronting
revealed windows, on ground floor. Portland stone cill band beneath first floor
windows; red brick flat arches with keystones over 15-pane first-floor sashes
and 12-pane second-floor sashes, latter with eared red brick aprons modillioned
wood eaves. Similar one-bay right-end wall and similar fenestration to rear.
Two-storey rear wing, with purple brick first floor above red brick ground floor;
keyed round window adjoins 6-panelled door set in eared stone architrave;
casement windows set in mullioned stone architraves; corner turret with conical
roof; moulded stone string course is continued from turret as ramped parapet
over one-storey rear range with similar round window. Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: TQ3110192761

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.