This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5289 / 51°31'43"N
Longitude: -0.3093 / 0°18'33"W
OS Eastings: 517375
OS Northings: 182459
OS Grid: TQ173824
Mapcode National: GBR 71.BPV
Mapcode Global: VHGQP.LTBV
Entry Name: Brentham Clubhouse
Listing Date: 30 January 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358789
English Heritage Legacy ID: 200968
Location: Ealing, London, W5
Electoral Ward/Division: Hanger Hill
Built-Up Area: Ealing
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Barnabas Ealing
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 18 SE 2/11 30.1.73
1910-11 Architect G L Sutcliffe. The building good example of the Arts
and Crafts tradition of brick, with eaves cornice and tiled gambrel roof.
Corner tower and gable end face street. Tower of 4 storeys with pyramidal
roof slightly curved to wide eaves. One window, the number of lights in
each decreases from the top storey down. Unusual angular corner staircase
feature. Main building of one and a half storeys with roundel in gable end.
Three bays to street, first floor has 3 windows of 2 lights each with mullion,
transom and cornice (additional dormer behind parapet at side). Ground floor
has similar central window flanked by 2 angular 6 light bays with mullions
and transoms. All leaded casements. The clubhouse stretches back from the
road and rear portion has irregularly placed windows of same type. Built
to serve as a clubhouse for the Brentham Garden Estate which was the first
co-partnership suburb to arise under the influence of the Garden City Movement.
Listing NGR: TQ1737582459
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings