This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3782 / 51°22'41"N
Longitude: -0.0772 / 0°4'38"W
OS Eastings: 533913
OS Northings: 166101
OS Grid: TQ339661
Mapcode National: GBR HQ.WQX
Mapcode Global: VHGRL.MM0C
Entry Name: Havelock Hall
Listing Date: 25 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358816
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201294
Location: Croydon, London, CR0
Electoral Ward/Division: Addiscombe
Built-Up Area: Croydon
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Addiscombe St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
5009 HAVELOCK ROAD
TQ 36 NW 2/100
Warehouse, former gymnasium . 1854/5 for the Hon. East India Co. Brick with
stone dressings . Pitched roof with stone coped gables with kneelers . Single
storey west front: 3 bays divided by pilaster strips . Central doorway with
colourwashed. doorcase with moulded imposts and cornice hood . To left and right,
single blind windows with rubbed brick flat arches and stone cills resting on
dentilled brick bands . Above in the gable a central C20 window, with rubbed
brick segmental arch and stone cill . South elevation of 8 bays, divided by
pilaster strips, has rubbed brick blind arcade, with rubbed brick semicircular
head window openings with stone cills resting on dentilled brick bands, one in
each bay . Original semicircular head windows now replaced with C20 ones .
North elevation similarly treated . Havelock Hall, formerly known as Addiscombe
Hall, was the gymnasium of the East India Co's Addiscombe Military Training
College, opened in 1809 .
Listing NGR: TQ3391366101
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings