This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3883 / 51°23'17"N
Longitude: -0.1051 / 0°6'18"W
OS Eastings: 531948
OS Northings: 167179
OS Grid: TQ319671
Mapcode National: GBR GW.863
Mapcode Global: VHGRL.4C9K
Entry Name: Church of St Saviour
Listing Date: 15 February 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1358823
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201240
Location: Croydon, London, CR0
Electoral Ward/Division: West Thornton
Built-Up Area: Croydon
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Croydon Holy Saviour
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
5009 ST SAVIOUR'S ROAD
Church of St Saviour
TQ 36 NW 2/17
1867, by A R Mullins with additions of 1880 (Goodhart-Rendel). Large Gothic church.
Yellow brick with bands of red brick and window surrounds of stone. Nave with north and
south aisles and north and south porches, south-west tower and spire and north-west
baptistery linked by a single storey porch, chancel with south chapel, transeptal
north vestry and a detached north-east chapel. Single lancets with cusped heads;
west gable has 4 lancets with a rose window in plate tracery over. Tower of 5 stages
including a belfry with 2 tall openings on each face; tall slated broach spire.
Interior walls of bare brick.
Listing NGR: TQ3194867179
Other nearby listed buildings