History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2a and 3 Church Farm School

A Grade II Listed Building in Brunswick Park, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6352 / 51°38'6"N

Longitude: -0.1567 / 0°9'24"W

OS Eastings: 527661

OS Northings: 194544

OS Grid: TQ276945

Mapcode National: GBR DP.M4K

Mapcode Global: VHGQD.75H8

Entry Name: 2a and 3 Church Farm School

Listing Date: 22 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359129

English Heritage Legacy ID: 199217

Location: Barnet, London, EN4

County: London

District: Barnet

Electoral Ward/Division: Brunswick Park

Built-Up Area: Barnet

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: East Barnet

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
East Barnet

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/01/2013


TQ 29 SE 6/42
5004


CHURCH HILL ROAD (west side)
Nos 2A and 3,Church Farm School


(Formerly listed as Detached house at Church Farm Industrial School, situated about 10 yards to west of west tower of St Mary the Virgin's Church)


GV
II


House, now 2 cottages. 1908, by Charles Nicholson. Pink brick with cement dressings.
Pitched tiled roof to eaves. 2 storeys. 4 bays with lower 2-storey bay to left, and
blind lower 2-storey bay to right. Simple Gothic Revival manner. Pointed arched
entrance to second bay from left, pointed reveals to ground floor windows, except to
left bay which has canted bay window. Square-headed windows to upper floor. Each
window with mullion and transom, small panes and glazing bars. Decorative flush
banding to ground floor. Returns with stilted arched reveals to upper windows and
round-headed arched apertures to gables. Rear facade also of architectural interest.
Built as part of an Industrial Boys Home established in 1860.

Listing NGR: TQ2766194544

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.