This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5137 / 51°30'49"N
Longitude: -0.1113 / 0°6'40"W
OS Eastings: 531157
OS Northings: 181105
OS Grid: TQ311811
Mapcode National: GBR MC.5K
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.161Z
Entry Name: 10 Fleet Street
Listing Date: 10 November 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359157
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199452
Location: City of London, London, EC4Y
District: City and County of the City of London
Electoral Ward/Division: Farringdon Without
Built-Up Area: City of London
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): City of London
Church of England Parish: St Bride Fleet Street
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 3181 SW 7/N/1
FLEET STREET EC4 (South Side)
Offices 1885, by R.W Edis. Pink brick and terracotta.
Four storeys and attic. Five bays that on the right wider than the others and with a canted oriel bay window running through first and second storeys. Ground floor channelled and containing three semi-circular headed window openings and lower doorway with bearded mask to keystone; pulvinated frieze and dentil cornice at first floor level. Mullion and transom windows to upper floors, first floor with triangular pediments, second floor with open scroll pediments. Swagged Ionic pilasters at third floor supporting rich entablature. Balustraded parapet broken by triangular gable with inset window. Slated mansard roof and dormers. Passage to right with wrought iron gate and overthrow with the Middle Temple: Angus Dei, 1905, ADT.
Interior: decorative plasterwork and staircases with wrought-iron balustrades.
Subsidiary features: rear wing leads into building to left, facing Middle Temple Lane and formerly part of No.15 Fleet Street. Built 1859-60 as Rainbow Tavern by Rawlinson Parkinson. Stucco front to Middle Temple Lane: Four-storey, three bay front articulated by Tuscan pilasters and rusticated quoin strips.
Interior: Former "coffee room", now library, on ground floor has fine plaster ceiling by H. Parsons, divided into sunken panels and lavishly executed with foliage and swags of fruit. Includes rear block facing Middle Temple Lane (west side).
Listing NGR: TQ3115881103
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings