This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6766 / 52°40'35"N
Longitude: -0.1652 / 0°9'54"W
OS Eastings: 524144
OS Northings: 310341
OS Grid: TF241103
Mapcode National: GBR HYN.124
Mapcode Global: WHHN0.FZKG
Entry Name: Gravestones to the North-East of Church
Listing Date: 7 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 197966
Location: Crowland, South Holland, Lincolnshire, PE6
District: South Holland
Civil Parish: Crowland
Built-Up Area: Crowland
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Crowland St Mary and St Bartholomew and St Guthlac
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
CROWLAND ABBEY WALK
TF 2410-2510 (east side)
18/3 Gravestones to the
north and north-
east of church
62 gravestones. C17, C18 and C19. Limestone ashlar.
Gravestones include a row of 13 gravestones to north-west,
including a mid C18 one to William Ashby with foliage and angel.
Illegible C17 gravestone to right with a scrolled C18 gravestone
beyond. To the left, a late C18 gravestone to Anne Cherrington
with one to Will Whitsed, died 1794, with urn and cherubs,
beyond. To the east are 3 C18 gravestones with winged cherubs;
with a red sandstone gravestone further east with a winged
cherub. Gravestone to William Brown, died 1843 with foliate
decoration and cherub, to the east, with one beyond with a be-
ribboned disc surmounted by an obelisk flanked by urns and
probably dating from the late C18. Mid C18 gravestone to the
right with segmental pediment, Ionic columns and cherubs. 2 C18
gravestones to east with winged cherubs' heads and scrolls.
Beyond is a late C18 gravestone with cherubs and crown in
decorative draped surround. Further east is a gravestone to
Christopher Hall, died 1686, with an illegible C17 gravestone to
right. Pedimented gravestone flanked by scrolls to Robert
Worell, died 1685. To the left is one to Wiliam Beckwith, died
1777, with 2 busts and a pair of clasped hands. Beyond the
footpath to the east, gravestones include one to John Baldwin,
died 1752 with scrolled inscription plaque flanked by cherubs'
heads and segmental head. 3 early C19 gravestones to the Baldwin
family to the left. Further east is a gravestone with sunrays
radiating from cherub's head, sculls, and inscribed to John
Cattcan, died 1755. 2 C18 gravestones to the left with winged
Listing NGR: TF2414410341
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings