This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.421 / 53°25'15"N
Longitude: -0.5208 / 0°31'14"W
OS Eastings: 498396
OS Northings: 392593
OS Grid: SK983925
Mapcode National: GBR SXTW.1D
Mapcode Global: WHGH6.Z84R
Entry Name: Old School
Listing Date: 22 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359426
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196764
Location: Bishop Norton, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Bishop Norton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Bishop Norton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 99 SE BISHOP NORTON MAIN STREET
3/8 Old School
Former school, now closed. 1872. Red brick with ashlar
dressings and blue brick polychromatic bands and dressings;
patterned slate roof, with raised stone coped gables and ornate
moulded kneelers, having a reduced double ridge brick stack. T-
plan with bellcote over doorway. Single storey 2 bay front with
dentillated eaves course; the right hand bay projects under a
gable and has a 3 light timber window with ashlar cill and
triangular polychromatic arch with tympanum of fish scale tiles.
Above is a vertical ventilation slot. The left hand bay consists
of a planked door in a pointed polychromatic arch with hood mould
flanked by single buttresses. Over the door is a stepped tumbled
gable topped by an ashlar coped gabled bellcote with ornate
kneelers and tall iron pinnacle. Listed for group value only.
Listing NGR: SK9839692593
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.