History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block at Hall Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Caenby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3906 / 53°23'26"N

Longitude: -0.4971 / 0°29'49"W

OS Eastings: 500046

OS Northings: 389246

OS Grid: TF000892

Mapcode National: GBR SYZ7.59

Mapcode Global: WHGHF.B1JJ

Entry Name: Stable Block at Hall Farm

Listing Date: 22 February 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1359427

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196766

Location: Caenby, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Caenby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Glentham with Caenby St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Hemswell

Listing Text

TF 08 NW CAENBY

6/10 Stable Block at
Hall Farm

G.V. II

Stable block. 1788, with C19 alterations. Red brick in Flemish
Bond with slightly purple headers; raised brick coped tumbled
gables, pantile roof and a single external gable stack. 2 storey
4 bay front with 1st floor band and dog tooth eaves course has a
central planked door with 4 paned overlight with to left a
louvred and glazed opening set in blocking of a doorway with to
left again a short planked door with 12 paned overlight. To
right is a timbered and glazed opening in a wider blocked
opening. The 1st floor has 3 louvred openings and one blocked
opening. All ground floor openings have timber lintels except
that on right which as with those on 1st floor has brick
segmental heads with splayed soldier arch. In the left hand
gable on either side of the chimney stack are single semi-
circular blocked openings. Above are iron ties in the letters L
M. At the top of the stack is an inscribed stone panel "L.
Monck 1788". The interior has its original stable fittings and
a pine butt purlin roof.


Listing NGR: TF0004689246

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.